Animal movement packages

Bruce Miller
Hi all,

I am looking for a (many?) R packages that deal with animal movement
data to generate:
Minimum Convex Polygon, Kernel Home Range Analysis, Harmonic Mean,
Circular Stats etc.

I did a quick look at the CRAN Task View: Analysis of Ecological and
Environmental Data, maintained by Gavin Simpson but did not find a
package that explicitly indicated it could do this.

Possibly Hawthorne Beyer's Geospatial Modeling Environment, now all R
code and was Hath's Tools eons ago may do this.

Bruce

Re: Animal movement packages

Mathieu Basille-3
Hi Bruce,

Have a look at adehabitatLT and adehabitatHR and their vignettes:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/adehabitatLT/
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/adehabitatHR/

You'll find a lot of useful stuff in there for the study of movement and
home range (probably the most extensive packages for that).

Hope this helps,
Mathieu.

Le 09/29/2013 04:38 PM, Bruce Miller a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a (many?) R packages that deal with animal movement data
> to generate:
> Minimum Convex Polygon, Kernel Home Range Analysis, Harmonic Mean, Circular
> Stats etc.
>
> I did a quick look at the CRAN Task View: Analysis of Ecological and
> Environmental Data, maintained by Gavin Simpson but did not find a package
> that explicitly indicated it could do this.
>
> Possibly Hawthorne Beyer's Geospatial Modeling Environment, now all R code
> and was Hath's Tools eons ago may do this.
>
> Bruce

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard

Re: Animal movement packages

B.-Markus Clarin
Hey Bruce,

the package 'move' might also help you. It is quite new (see attachment).

Cheers,
Mango

Lutfor
Following packages might help: