Complete lecture Multivariate Statistics freely available

Complete lecture Multivariate Statistics freely available

Ralf Schäfer-2
Dear all,

whoever is interested, we provide teaching videos and R scripts for a lecture on multivariate analysis in R for environmental scientists.
The material is available here:
https://www.uni-koblenz-landau.de/en/campus-landau/faculty7/environmental-sciences/landscape-ecology/Teaching/r-statistics

Course content:

Introduction; Revisiting univariate statistics from a data modelling perspective
Multiple regression analysis: Modelling strategies and methods, LASSO
Generalized linear models
Introduction to multivariate analysis; Ordination: Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
Multivariate multiple Regression (Redundancy Analysis – RDA); Similarity and distance metrics; Non-metric multidimensional scaling (NMDS)
Multivariate comparison of groups (Hotelling T2, MANOVA, PERMANOVA)
Unsupervised classification (Cluster analysis)
Supervised classification (Classification and regression trees)

Feel free to provide comments etc to improve the course

Best regards
Ralf

Re: Complete lecture Multivariate Statistics freely available

Paolo Piras
Dear Ralf,

this is a VERY useful initiative for everyone interested in teaching (and always learning...)

Thanks **a lot** for sharing

All the best

Paolo

________________________________
whoever is interested, we provide teaching videos and R scripts for a lecture on multivariate analysis in R for environmental scientists.
The material is available here:
https://www.uni-koblenz-landau.de/en/campus-landau/faculty7/environmental-sciences/landscape-ecology/Teaching/r-statistics
Statistics and R - University of Koblenz � Landau<https://www.uni-koblenz-landau.de/en/campus-landau/faculty7/environmental-sciences/landscape-ecology/Teaching/r-statistics>
www.uni-koblenz-landau.de
Lecture "Applied Multivariate Statistics" 2016/2017. To enable (1) studying from home, (2) watching the lectures again at a later stage (e.g. preparation for the exam ...

Course content:

Introduction; Revisiting univariate statistics from a data modelling perspective
Multiple regression analysis: Modelling strategies and methods, LASSO
Generalized linear models
Introduction to multivariate analysis; Ordination: Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
Multivariate multiple Regression (Redundancy Analysis - RDA); Similarity and distance metrics; Non-metric multidimensional scaling (NMDS)
Multivariate comparison of groups (Hotelling T2, MANOVA, PERMANOVA)
Unsupervised classification (Cluster analysis)
Supervised classification (Classification and regression trees)

Feel free to provide comments etc to improve the course

Best regards
Ralf

stat.ethz.ch
R-sig-ecology -- R for use in ecological and environmental data analysis About R-sig-ecology

Re: Complete lecture Multivariate Statistics freely available

Tania Bird
Yes really an amazing resource!!

Thank you so much for making it available.

Tania

On 27 Jan 2017 12:35, "Ralf Schäfer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Gian
That's really good and useful, thank you for sharing!

G.

On 27 January 2017 at 06:11, Tania Bird <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes really an amazing resource!!
>
> Thank you so much for making it available.
>
> Tania
>

> On 27 Jan 2017 12:35, "Ralf Schäfer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> whoever is interested, we provide teaching videos and R scripts for a
> lecture on multivariate analysis in R for environmental scientists.
> The material is available here:
> https://www.uni-koblenz-landau.de/en/campus-landau/faculty7/environmental-
> sciences/landscape-ecology/Teaching/r-statistics
>
> Course content:
>
> Introduction; Revisiting univariate statistics from a data modelling
> perspective
> Multiple regression analysis: Modelling strategies and methods, LASSO
> Generalized linear models
> Introduction to multivariate analysis; Ordination: Principal Component
> Analysis (PCA)
> Multivariate multiple Regression (Redundancy Analysis – RDA); Similarity
> and distance metrics; Non-metric multidimensional scaling (NMDS)
> Multivariate comparison of groups (Hotelling T2, MANOVA, PERMANOVA)
> Unsupervised classification (Cluster analysis)
> Supervised classification (Classification and regression trees)
>
> Feel free to provide comments etc to improve the course
>
> Best regards
> Ralf

Gian Nico

*----- Do not print this email unless you really need to. Save paper and