Course on Data Visualization in Berlin

Physalia-courses

Course - Data Visualization in depth

Where: Free University Berlin (Germany)

When: 9-13 December 2019

Instructor: Dr. Robert Grant ([ http://www.robertgrantstats.co.uk/ ]( http://www.robertgrantstats.co.uk/ ))

Course website: https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course54/

OVERVIEW
The ability to visualise data and analyses effectively is a highly prized skill in the data analysis workplace. Increasingly, employers are placing a high value on the ability to communicate as well as calculate. In this week-long course, you will learn how to design visualisations such as charts, maps and interactive graphics, which bring insight and understanding to your audience. You will learn about perception, the design process and the tools that you can use to make visualising easy. The course is highly interactive with group exercises throughout. There will be two versions: for those who wish to practice some coding, for example with R, and for those who wish to work on paper throughout. In the last two days, participants in their groups will carry out a larger "project", where we present real-life data with a briefing from a researcher. The challenge will be to produce some visualisations and pitch them to the researcher on the last day, with feedback on your project work.

Outcomes
After taking this course, you will:
    understand the options in converting data to an image
    have practised sketching and user-testing the core of the data visualisation process
    understand perception and what we can learn from it
    have encountered a range of statistical challenges and their visualisation needs
    have had the chance to try out several visualisation tools

For the full program, please visit our website: [ https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course55/curriculum55/ ]( https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course55/curriculum55/ )

Here you can find the complete list of our courses and Workshops: [ https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/ ]( https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/ )

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: [hidden email]

All the best,
Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR