Quantcast

Dat input inext sample

Luis Fernando García Hernández
Dear R users,

I am new using the package inext. I am needing to introduce a dataset which
contains the information of the species abundance in three localities.
Unfortunately the number of species per site is extremely long to do it by
"hand". I tried to create some matrixes in a txt file but it has not
worked,the package also contains examples which are short and already
arranged as lists. Therefore I wanted to know if any of you has a model
matrix or reproducible file (may be a txt or excel) which I can use as a
model.

Many thanks for your help

Best

Re: Dat input inext sample

Sarah Goslee
Hi Luis,

It isn't entirely clear to me where your problem lies, but it sounds
like you are having difficulty importing your data into R.

If that's so, then the R manual on the topic is a good place to start:
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-data.html

This manual describes, among other things, how to use read.table() to
import your txt file into R.

If your problem lies elsewhere, a small reproducible example would be
very useful for those who might help you try to solve it.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org

test for differences between effect sizes

Paolo Piras
Hi folks,

I write in order to ask your opinion about the best strategy to test for differences between two effect sizes coming, for example, from two different one-way anovas designs that uses different independents variables while keeping the same two-levels factor variable. For example I would like to assess if the significant differences between two levels that I found for  two differents measures are different between them or not. I have in mind some solutions (permuting z-scores, etc) but maybe there are already better ad-hoc solutions.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Best

paolo

Re: test for differences between effect sizes

Sarah Goslee
Hi Paolo,

This list isn't really for asking pure statistics questions, but for R
applications in ecology. Your question is better addressed to a local
stats consultant, or to stackoverflow.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org

Re: test for differences between effect sizes

Paolo Piras
Yes of course,

actually I asked for an R solution; packages or specific functions

bur evidently I have not been clear

in any case thanks for your answer

regards

paolo

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org
Functional Diversity<http://www.functionaldiversity.org/>
www.functionaldiversity.org
Welcome to FunctionalDiversity.org This webpage has two goals: to discuss ideas and tools related to the study of ecosystem function, community assembly and community ...