Fwd: useR! 2011: abstract submission & registration open

Fwd: useR! 2011: abstract submission & registration open

Thomas Petzoldt
Dear R-SIG-ECOLOGY,,

this is a small reminder for the upcoming useR!2011 conference. It would
be nice if we could make the "Environmetrics & Ecological Modeling"
sessions a big success. Our idea is that we have talks about new
packages and methods on one side and cool case studies on the other, so
that we meet the expectations of both, R developers and ecologists.

In addition, there are of course many other interesting topics for you,
like bioinformatics, multivariate statistics, data mining, machine
learning, ...

The "abstract submission" and "early registration deadline" is
approaching soon at 2011-04-01:

       http://www.R-project.org/useR-2011

The last conferences that I attended were among the most enthusiastic
scientific events I've ever seen, and there is also a series of highly
interesting tutorials:

http://www.warwick.ac.uk/statsdept/user-2011/tutorials/index.html

The original call from January is attached below and if you have any
questions, please let me know.

Thomas Petzoldt
(member of the program committee)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: useR! 2011: abstract submission & registration open
Datum: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:18:14 +0000
Von: [hidden email]
An: [hidden email]

We are happy to inform you that abstract submission and registration for
useR! 2011 is now available online, see

       http://www.R-project.org/useR-2011

This meeting of the R user community will take place at the University
of Warwick, Coventry, UK, August 16-18, 2011.

The conference schedule comprises invited lectures and user-contributed
sessions. In addition half-day tutorials presented by R experts will run
on August 15, 2011, prior to the conference.

We invite you to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations on
innovative and exciting applications of R. The call for papers along
with the link for abstract submission is available at

       http://www.R-project.org/useR-2011/#Call

In addition to the regular contributed talks, all participants are
invited to present a Lightning Talk, for which no abstract is required.
These talks provide a 5-minute platform to speak on any R-related topic
and should particularly appeal to R newbies. Participants wishing to
give such a talk must provide an informative title on their registration
form.

We hope to see you in Coventry!

The organizing committee:

John Aston, Julia Brettschneider, David Firth, Ashley Ford, Ioannis
Kosmidis, Tom Nichols, Elke Thönnes and Heather Turner