How to compare 2 independent estimates in R

How to compare 2 independent estimates in R

Manuel Spínola-2
Dear list members,

How can I compare 2 independent estimates in R?

For example, I want to compare a mean that I obtained in my study with a
mean that was obtained in another study (2 independent studies).

My estimate: 2.3, EE = 0.73

The other estimate: 3.4, EE = 0.97

I want to obtain the effect size (the difference between estimates) with
the 95% confidence limits.

Is there any package that allow me to do that?

Best,

Manuel

--
*Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre

Re: How to compare 2 independent estimates in R

Roman Luštrik
You want this.

https://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/30394/how-to-perform-two-sample-t-tests-in-r-by-inputting-sample-statistics-rather-tha

Cheers,
Roman

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 7:30 PM, Manuel Spínola <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> How can I compare 2 independent estimates in R?
>
> For example, I want to compare a mean that I obtained in my study with a
> mean that was obtained in another study (2 independent studies).
>
> My estimate: 2.3, EE = 0.73
>
> The other estimate: 3.4, EE = 0.97
>
> I want to obtain the effect size (the difference between estimates) with
> the 95% confidence limits.
>
> Is there any package that allow me to do that?
>
> Best,
>
> Manuel
>

> --
> *Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
> Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre
> Universidad Nacional
> Apartado 1350-3000
> Heredia
> COSTA RICA