ISEC2020 – callout for round-table discussion topics, family-friendly event!

ISEC2020 – callout for round-table discussion topics, family-friendly event!

David Warton
Dear Statisticians, Ecologists, and researchers in related fields,

Abstract submission is now open for the International Statistical Ecology Conference (ISEC2020), to be held on June 22-26, 2020 in Sydney Australia.  Abstracts are due by December 2 2019.  Bursaries are available to presenters from developing countries.

ISEC2020 is a family-friendly event � we will organise child care at or near the conference venue for anyone travelling with young children.

Do you want to do some science while at the conference � not just presenting ideas, but generating new ones?  We plan to organise lunchtime round-table discussions on topical issues, where each table takes a topic and works towards a plan for a paper they could write to address it.  Outcomes will be reported to delegates in a plenary session, and paper plans will be submitted to Methods in Ecology and Evolution as an ISEC2020 Special Issue proposal.  All we need to make this happen?  Um, discussion topics.  And hosts!  Send us your ideas at [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> (short title and abstract).

We are also offering a Skills Showcase on June 22nd, with 90-minute introductory tutorials on spatial capture-recapture, multivariate analysis, hidden Markov models, data visualisation and more.  We have several spots left in our Skills Showcase program � send us your suggestions!

To find out more go to the conference website http://www.isec2020.org<http://www.isec2020.org/>

See you in Sydney,

The ISEC2020 Local Organizing Committee

http://www.isec2020.org/

Follow us on:

Twitter @isec2020

Facebook International Statistical Ecology Conference (ISEC)