Machine learning in R for ecology

Manuel Spínola-2
Dear list members,

In recent years I have been an increase on the use of machine learning in R
in several scientific disciplines, but I would like to know if anyone can
share any recent development on the use of machine learning in R for
ecology and environmental science.

Best,

Manuel

--
*Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre

Re: Machine learning in R for ecology

Rafael Maia-2
hi Manuel,

Here’s a paper I know of: Valletta et al 2017 Applications of machine learning in animal behaviour studies - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0003347216303360 <http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0003347216303360>

HTH,

Rafael Maia

Simons Junior Fellow, Columbia University
Rubenstein Lab
Department of Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Biology
New York, NY
http://www.rafaelmaia.net

> On May 21, 2017, at 10:21 AM, Manuel Spínola <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear list members,
>
> In recent years I have been an increase on the use of machine learning in R
> in several scientific disciplines, but I would like to know if anyone can
> share any recent development on the use of machine learning in R for
> ecology and environmental science.
>
> Best,
>
> Manuel
>
> --
> *Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
> Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre
> Universidad Nacional
> Apartado 1350-3000
> Heredia
> COSTA RICA
> [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> [hidden email]
> Teléfono: (506) 8706 - 4662
> Personal website: Lobito de río <https://sites.google.com/site/lobitoderio/>
> Institutional website: ICOMVIS <http://www.icomvis.una.ac.cr/>
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Re: Machine learning in R for ecology

Abdoul Dia
Have a glance on this :
https://www.coursera.org/learn/practical-machine-learning

Could be fo interest.

Abdoul

> Dear list members,
>
> In recent years I have been an increase on the use of machine learning in R
> in several scientific disciplines, but I would like to know if anyone can
> share any recent development on the use of machine learning in R for
> ecology and environmental science.
>
> Best,
>
> Manuel
>
> --
> *Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
> Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre
> Universidad Nacional
> Apartado 1350-3000
> Heredia
> COSTA RICA