Quantcast

R not plotting all my GPS points - spatial data

R not plotting all my GPS points - spatial data

Isabella Mandl
Dear all,
again possibly a rather simplistic question - but I can't figure it out!
I've been calculating (and plotting) kernel home ranges using adehabitatHR,
all of which worked fine, but I am currently trying to plot additional
points into the home range outline to show the specific locations of
behaviours of interest.
For this I have created 3-4 subsets from the original data, converted them
into coordinates as well and then tried to plot them on the kernel outline.
It works, but it only displays some of the points, for example, seven out
of nine...?
Investigating the structure of the point data, all is fine, the points
exist and are projected correctly.

Does anybody maybe know why R could be doing this?
I'd be grateful for any hints.

Regards,
Isabella

Re: R not plotting all my GPS points - spatial data

Thierry Onkelinx
Dear Isabella,

This is very hard to solve without a reproducible example.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no
more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be
able to say what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data. ~ John Tukey

> Dear all,
> again possibly a rather simplistic question - but I can't figure it out!
> I've been calculating (and plotting) kernel home ranges using adehabitatHR,
> all of which worked fine, but I am currently trying to plot additional
> points into the home range outline to show the specific locations of
> behaviours of interest.
> For this I have created 3-4 subsets from the original data, converted them
> into coordinates as well and then tried to plot them on the kernel outline.
> It works, but it only displays some of the points, for example, seven out
> of nine...?
> Investigating the structure of the point data, all is fine, the points
> exist and are projected correctly.
>
> Does anybody maybe know why R could be doing this?
> I'd be grateful for any hints.
>
> Regards,
> Isabella

Re: R not plotting all my GPS points - spatial data

Isabella Mandl
-SOLVED-
Super-simple solution: I hadn't zoomed out far enough. Apologies for the
question, I'm rather embarrassed.
Isabella