Quantcast

Rarefied species richness as a diversity index

Rarefied species richness as a diversity index

Ansley Silva
Hello,

I have a question about the rarefy function in the vegan package.  I have
taken the output values from the rarefy function and used them as a
response variable in a regression model.  Call I call this a diversity
index?  Why or why not?

Thanks very much,

--
Ansley Silva

*"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." John
Muir*

*Graduate Research Assistant*

*University of Georgia*

*D.B. Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources*

*180 East Green Street*

*Athens, GA 30602*