beam forming

stephen sefick
This is a geophysics trick for finding peaks in a signal that are seperated
by distance- does anyone know of an R routine for preforming this?

--
Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so
little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us

-K. Mullis

Re: beam forming

Nicholas Lewin-Koh
Hi Stephen,
Can you be a bit more specific, are the peaks already marked
and you want to find all pairs of peaks distance k appart? or is it
that the peaks are unknown and the signal/noise needs to be considered
as
well? I know Tibshirani and Hastie have a package for peak probability
contrasts
but this may not be what you are looking for.

Nicholas