Quantcast

beeswarm plot

HMariam Abrha
Hello,
I am a PhD student at UNISA, South Africa. I wanted to analyze an
environmental data using R. I actually wanted to plot a beeswarm just to
show a distribution of my data in relative to certain factor. I have 4
drugs and their concentration in influent and effluent wastewater from
wastewater treatment plant. I have tried to read the examples online and I
can not get it (I can not plot it).
I saved my data as...Occurrence in local disk "C" and folder called "R".
I entered the following command
beeswarm(Concentration~drug, data=Occurrence, log=TRUE, pch=42,
col=rainbow(8))
and I am getting the following error
"Error in eval(m$data, parent.frame()) : object 'Occurrence' not found"

 Can you please help as to how I should save my data and enter the command
so that I will be able to plot? I have tried many ways by just looking at
the examples given online.
 Please find my data attached.
Best regards,
--
Hailemariam Abrha (M.Sc)
Lecturer, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy

email: [hidden email] or [hidden email]

Occurrence of azole drugs in influent and effluent of a wstewater.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: beeswarm plot

Bede-Fazekas Ákos
Hello,

you should do the following steps:
1) edit your txt file. It should have only one title row containing
unique names (i.e. the column names)
2) load the dataset (the txt file) to R, e.g. by the read.table() function:
https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/utils/html/read.table.html
3) be sure that the loaded dataset is named as 'Occurrence' and has the
following columns: 'Concentration', 'drug'

HTH,
�kos Bede-Fazekas
Hungarian Academy of Sciences

2017.04.28. 11:39 keltez�ssel, HMariam Abrha �rta: