Quantcast

graphs in corner of the pane, Windows 10 is the difference

graphs in corner of the pane, Windows 10 is the difference

Michael Marsh

Clustering with mvpart and rpartpca, graphs fill the pane normally in
Windows 7 as copied into Word 7, But with the same script and datasets,
they only occupy the upper left-hand quarter of the pane in Windows 10
on  SURFACE BOOK, again, as copied into a Word 7 document.
when I test graphic parameters on either computer, following suggestions
by another reader, I get:
 > par("mfrow")
[1] 1 1
 > par("plt")
[1] 0.1455083 0.8544917 0.2342400 0.8425600

I would like to re-set the  graphics output in my Windows 10 computer so
that I getgraphs that fill the graphics pane in Word 7.

Mike Marsh

Re: graphs in corner of the pane, Windows 10 is the difference

Torsten
Hi Mike,

not sure whether I understand what you mean with Word 7 (2007?). Do you
copy and paste the figure or do you export it with a function like  tiff()
or pdf()?
In the first case, this is maybe an issue with the high display resolution
of the Surface PC. I would try to set it to a regular 1300x768 resolution
and see what happens. However, in general I would recommend to use pdf()
export to get high resolution figures suitable for publishing.

HTH!