sending a query with a graphic

Tania Bird
Hi all,

I just tried to post my first posting requesting help with some
multivariate statistics to this mailing list, but I got an email saying it
was rejected because it has a graphic.. I think the graphic is important to
explain my question-
Are we allowed to post small gif or jpeg images to aid the questions? What
format can I use to attach or embed some low resolution format?

Many thanks for your advice

Tania Bird MSc
*PhD Student*
*Geo-Ecology Lab*
*Ben Gurion University*

Re: sending a query with a graphic

Evan Palmer-Young-2
Try posting a link to a file on cloud storage

On Feb 27, 2017 05:03, "Tania Bird" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I just tried to post my first posting requesting help with some
multivariate statistics to this mailing list, but I got an email saying it
was rejected because it has a graphic.. I think the graphic is important to
explain my question-
Are we allowed to post small gif or jpeg images to aid the questions? What
format can I use to attach or embed some low resolution format?

Many thanks for your advice

Tania Bird MSc
*PhD Student*
*Geo-Ecology Lab*
*Ben Gurion University*

Re: sending a query with a graphic

Thomas Petzoldt
Am 27.02.2017 um 12:52 schrieb Evan Palmer-Young:
> Try posting a link to a file on cloud storage

... or post a small R snippet that creates the figure.

Thomas

> On Feb 27, 2017 05:03, "Tania Bird" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I just tried to post my first posting requesting help with some
> multivariate statistics to this mailing list, but I got an email saying it
> was rejected because it has a graphic.. I think the graphic is important to
> explain my question-
> Are we allowed to post small gif or jpeg images to aid the questions? What
> format can I use to attach or embed some low resolution format?
>
> Many thanks for your advice
>

> Tania Bird MSc
> *PhD Student*
> *Geo-Ecology Lab*
> *Ben Gurion University*

Re: sending a query with a graphic

Sarah Goslee
Hello all,

Several useful suggestions have already been provided, but just for
clarification:

This list, like all the R-sig lists, follows the R mailing list
guidelines available at:
https://www.r-project.org/mail.html

Most binary files are stripped, but small PNG files are allowed, as
are PS and PDF.

Please also post in plain text rather than HTML.

Sarah, list owner

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 5:02 AM, Tania Bird <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just tried to post my first posting requesting help with some
> multivariate statistics to this mailing list, but I got an email saying it
> was rejected because it has a graphic.. I think the graphic is important to
> explain my question-
> Are we allowed to post small gif or jpeg images to aid the questions? What
> format can I use to attach or embed some low resolution format?
>
> Many thanks for your advice
>

> Tania Bird MSc
> *PhD Student*
> *Geo-Ecology Lab*